Cross-Platform Mobile App Development vs Native Development — Pro POV
It’s a well-known fact, that we have two operating systems, that conquer and exist in our digital world: IOS and Android. But did you know that not long ago developers had to develop mobile applications for these software ecosystems separately?
This resulted in an increase in app development costs. It was sometimes more than two times higher because the client had no choice, but to hire 2 devs for one project. That was Native development. But what’s changed?
Cross-Platform mobile development took the rightful place on the market. It is compatible not only with two previous OS but also with Web and Desktop. Where you can see it in action? Most popular frameworks like:
- React Native
- Xamarin, etc.
Let’s explore the benefits and drawbacks of mobile app cross-platform development before putting it head-to-head with native.
Benefits of Cross-Platform development
- Android and IOS mutual codebase. This is considered to be the foremost feature of mobile app development services. Reusability of two operational systems’ codes doesn’t waste a lot of your time and energy. Instead, your dev team can code simultaneously for both platforms.
- Twofold reduction of development cost. Rather than searching for an Android or Os app development company separately, you can choose to deploy on multi-platforms. It’ll not only alleviate your developer’s work, but it will also equally keep you from spending time and resources on employing an extra cross-platform mobile app developer.
- Faster mobile application development. Time is money. Creating your app concurrently on two different software systems greatly fastens the implementation of your product.
- Default coherence between OS designs. The user interface (UI) of Android and iOS differs starting from the shape of buttons and ending with other screen characteristics. Multi-platform app development solves this consistency problem.
- Efficient platforms for testing your business ideas. Not satisfied with your startup yet? You can explore OmiSoft React Native development services to reach your potential customers rapidly.
Drawbacks of going Cross-Platform
- Functionality limitation for your app. When you choose a mobile application on multi-platforms frameworks, be prepared that adaptation of settings may be tougher. The design on iOS devices can partly be distinguished from the Android interface and its functionality. But it doesn’t mean that you can’t make UX work flawlessly.
- The development speed of Cross-Platforms is not as fast as it seems. Your developing process can be slowed down because of rendering and the need for an abstraction layer in addition.
- Be patient, updates are loading… When you come across the news and see “tasty”information about some functionalities’ upgrades, just wait. Facebook and React Native community, as well as the Flutter app development companies community, don’t rush. They implement new features as fast as they can. But for some, it isn’t fast enough.
Now it’s high time to put Cross-Platform and Native development into comparison.
Pro POV: Cross-Platform Mobile App Development vs Native Development
No one can claim that there is simply one right choice — you just have to know all the edges. To choose between going Cross-Platform or Native, you need to analyze your business expectations. To help you out, we prepared a list of must-knows that will help you choose the most suitable option for you.
|Native mobile app development||Cross-Platform app development|
|More secure experience||Less expenses|
|High performance and speed||Reusability of iOS and Android code|
|Customizable UI and UX||Multi-platform browsing|
|More technical functionality||Taking less time to launch|
|Quick and simple deployment of new features||Fast mobile application development or prototyping|
All in all, the only question that remains is: what option is more suitable for your app? If you ask what we stand for, mobile cross-platform app development is the best choice for most cases, but there are still exceptions.
How to choose Mobile Development?
To pick the most suitable approach to picking a development way for your mobile app you need to remember to consider:
- Complexity of your app (If your app is meant to display info fetched from the network—pick Cross-Platform development, but if you want to implement heavy processing, need low-level API’s like Bluetooth, consider Native)
- Budget—Going Cross-Platform can save up to 30-40% of expenses
- Development time—Single cycle of development takes less time and Cross-Platform app can be released sooner
- UI/UX—Native development can provide stunning visuals, but the question is if it’s worth it? It might be the case for some clients, so the choice is totally up to you!
For most cases, Cross-Platform development will be a better choice, as it will help to have a smaller team, save money, and speed up the development process.
To win in today’s market economy, a quality product is much more important than the technology we use to create it.
Even hardware mobile development is currently quite simply done using Cross-Platform development.
What’s your final decision?
In today’s world, it is not a problem to create a product, it is important to sell it. And cross-platform development using Eastern European outsourcing will help you save time and money along the way.
We at OmiSoft have a strong Cross-Platform mobile development department (20+ React Native developers and 10+ Flutter developers),
So, if you need to implement a mobile product — contact us and book your free consultation with a niche expertBook a call!
Learn more about our cross-platform mobile app development serviceRead More